What is Watauga?
Watauga Residential College is a student and faculty community that fosters creativity, thoughtfulness, and civic engagement through experiential, inquiry-based learning both in and out of the classroom. Watauga students live, share meals, and take classes together in a unique hillside residence hall on campus. Our curriculum and our community create an atmosphere of discovery, fostering awareness and understanding of local issues and of the connections between these and significant global issues. We blend academic accomplishments with an understanding of the responsibilities of community membership. Our interdisciplinary curriculum integrates academic, social, cultural, and residential experiences.
So is Watauga right for you?
If you answer "Yes" to any of the questions below Watauga may be the right fit for you:
- Do you love to learn, especially when it challenges what you already know?
- Are you curious about other people, who they are, what they believe, and why they believe it?
- Do you want to explore your interests and ambitions with other students and faculty? Do you value having a close relationship with your classmates and teacher/professor?
- Are you interested in examining local and global issues, working to understand them, and proposing solutions for a better world?
- Do you want to be surrounded by a diverse and inclusive program that values service, leadership, creativity, and community?
- Do you want to be surrounded by people who are there to support you as an academic and a person?